Episode 48 is up, below is the link as well as the YouTube video, the bio of the character on “Charles’ Magical Education,” the image from “Reedus’ Gallery,” and the recipe from “Cooking with Elfman.”
Charle’s Magical Education
Cooking with Elfman
Iced Berry Cake Recipe
- About 20 ounces berries, fresh or frozen, a mixture of varieties is fine
- A generous 1/2 to 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3.5 ounces really good-quality chocolate, preferably milk chocolate or white confection, melted
- 1 cake, single layer or double layer, store-bought or made from scratch
- A selection of interesting edibles for decorating (go wild!)
- 1. If using frozen berries, remove them from the freezer. (By the time you serve the cake, the chocolate will hopefully be melting the berries so they are still cold but not frozen.)
- 2. Whip the cream until it is thick and softly peaked.
- 3. Plop the cake on a plate. Slather the whipped cream across the top of the cake and layer on the berries. If using a layer cake, slip some berries between the layers and lavish some of the cream and berries on the top layer, too. Drizzle the warm melted chocolate across the top of the cake and pile on the decorations.
- 4. Everything may be on the slide, but that’s still perfect. Present it with pride.