Episode 47 is up, below is the link as well as the YouTube video, the bio of the character on “Charles’ Magical Education,” the image from “Reedus’ Gallery,” and the recipe from “Cooking with Elfman.”
Charle’s Magical Education
Cooking with Elfman
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in the oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir the onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and barbecue sauce into the skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove phyllo dough from package and unfold onto a baking sheet. Cover with a damp kitchen towel to prevent the dough from drying out. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Use a pastry brush to grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with the butter. Place 4 sheets of phyllo dough in bottom of the prepared pan; brush top of phyllo with butter. Spread a thin layer of chicken mixture on the top of the phyllo; sprinkle layer with cheese. Place 2 sheets of phyllo dough on top of the cheese; brush with butter. Continue layering chicken mixture, cheese, and buttered phyllo until chicken mixture is gone. Top final layer of chicken with cheese and 2 sheets of phyllo dough, brush top with butter, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Cook’s Note:An Italian cheese blend can be used instead of the Cheddar cheese, if desired.