Episode 31 is up below is the link as well as the YouTube video, the bio of the character on “Charles’ Magical Education,” the image from “Reedus’ Gallery,” the mixing list from “Bar Tending with Loke,” and the recipe from “Cooking with Elfman.”
Charle’s Magical Education
Cooking with Elfman
? pound flank steak
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
4 large carrots
? pound small mushrooms
1 bunch scallions (about 6)
1/3 cup beef broth
3 drops hot pepper sauce
? teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 quarter-size slices (? inch thick) fresh ginger, unpeeled
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Cut the steak into 2 inch wide strips. Then cut each strip across the grain into ? inch thick slices.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the steak with 1 Tablespoon of the soy sauce and the cornstarch. Stir to coat steak and set aside.
3. Cut the carrots on the diagonal into ? inch thick slices. Cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
4. In a small bowl, combine the broth, remaining 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, hot pepper sauce and black pepper.
5. In a large skillet or wok, warm 1 Tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
6. Add scallions, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry for few seconds.
7. Add the carrots and mushrooms and stir-fry until the carrots are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove the vegetables to a plate and cover loosely keep warm.
9. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil to the skillet and warm over medium-high heat.
10. Add the steak and the marinade in stir fry until steak is browned, but still slightly pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Return the vegetables to skillet. Stir the broth mixture, add it to the skillet and bring the liquid to a boil.
12. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender and the beef is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Stir in the cilantro, if using, and serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
Bar tending with Loki
1 1/2 oz gin (Bombay Sapphire Gin used)
1 1/2 oz Hpnotiq
splash of blue curacao
Directions: For this variation of martini, mix and stir in the ingredients over ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Place a dollop of whipped cream on the side of the glass as a garnish.
“It is called the “Mirage Pokémon” because so few have seen it.” -Pokedex entry for Dratini